As a dog, there are things in a house I can sense better than people can. For example, I can detect the smell of dust much quicker, and that means I can tell when the ductwork in a house has too much dust, dirt, and other debris inside it. It’s hard for people to know this because they can’t see most of their ductwork.
Unfortunately, your pets don’t have an effective way to inform you that you should schedule duct cleaning. (If they could, believe me, they would. We want to help!) What I recommend is that you have duct cleaning done every 3 to 5 years. If you’ve never had it done, now is a great time to do it.
Why You Need This Service in the First Place
Absolutely! In a typical six-room home, up to 40-lbs of dust is created annually through everyday living. Your heating and cooling system is the lungs of your home by taking air in and breathing air out. We generate plenty of contaminants and air pollutants such as dander, dust, and chemicals. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated five to seven times per day, on average. Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in the ductwork:
5 Signs You Need Duct Cleaning
1. Visible dust in your ducts or on your air vents – If you have dusty air vents then you can feel free to open them up and check your ducts with a flashlight.
2. Suffering indoor air quality – If you’re noticing an uptick in dusty air or that your indoor air quality has suffered in any way.
3. A dusty AC – Similarly to dust on your air vents, if you have bits and debris around your AC, particularly in the blower fan it could be because there has been substantial dust accumulation in your ducts.
4. Smells that are off – When it comes to smells, it’s always best to trust your instincts. There can be dust, allergens, and biological growth in your ducts and it’s better safe than sorry when it’s the air you breathe.
5. Rising utility bills – If you’re seeing utility bills that are steadily climbing, it could be because of the additional friction that’s happening in your ducts. It could also be that you’re suffering from a leak and could use duct sealing as well.
We’re Excited to Announce That We’re Now Offering Worry-Free Duct Cleaning!
Dust, dirt, and other contaminants build up in your home’s ductwork, circulating through the air you breathe and causing your HVAC system to work harder to provide adequate airflow. Our team of highly skilled professionals bring in state-of-the-art duct cleaning equipment to individually clean the main supply and each vent run. This specialized process will remove any dust, dirt, and debris. For added worry-free cleanliness, a duct fogging application can be applied to repel allergens and biological growth.