1. High Energy BillsIf your energy bill is significantly higher than usual, it could be a sign that your air conditioner isn’t working as efficiently as it should. This could be due to a number of issues, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, a clogged air filter, or a refrigerant leak. A professional HVAC technician can inspect your AC system and identify the source of the problem.
2. Strange NoisesIf you hear any strange noises coming from your AC unit, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Common noises that could indicate an issue include rattling, banging, or squealing. These noises can be caused by a variety of issues, such as loose parts, a worn-out motor, or a broken fan belt.
3. Poor AirflowIf you notice that your air conditioner isn’t blowing air as strongly as it used to, it could be a sign that there’s an issue with the fan or the compressor. Poor airflow can also be caused by a clogged air filter, so it’s important to check and replace the filter regularly.
4. Unusual SmellsIf you smell a musty, burning, or chemical odor coming from your AC unit, it could be a sign that there’s an issue with the wiring or the motor. In some cases, the smell could be caused by a refrigerant leak, so it’s important to have a professional HVAC technician inspect your AC system.
5. Inconsistent Temperatures
If you notice the temperature in your home is inconsistent, it could be a sign your AC unit needs to be inspected and serviced. A professional technician can inspect your unit and identify any issues that could be causing the temperature inconsistency. If you’ve noticed any of these signs, it’s important to have your AC unit inspected and serviced by a professional.
At Russell & Abbott Heating and Cooling, our experienced technicians can inspect your AC system and identify any issues that need to be repaired. We can also provide routine maintenance services to help ensure that your AC unit is running efficiently. Contact us today to learn more about our AC inspection and repair services.