A question I often get from my readers is how to pick a great thermostat. Thermostats can make a huge difference in how well your HVAC system operates. The ideal thermostat will help the HVAC system run efficiently and make life easier.
I’m glad to help because there are many new options when it comes to thermostats—the technology has advanced fast! Below I’ll provide you with advice about picking a thermostat in Knoxville, TN.
Got an Old Manual Thermostat? Time for a Change!
The slider-and-dial manual thermostat did the job for many years. But as HVAC technology gets better, more modern options allow you to get the best from your heating and cooling. This isn’t just about being fashionable. (Although I do appreciate fashion!) Even upgrading just to a standard digital programmable thermostat can make a significant difference in how much energy you use for comfort and how convenient it can be.
Even better is a Wi-Fi thermostat, which allows you to control your thermostat through a wireless connection via a smartphone, computer, or tablet.
But there’s an even grander level of thermostat to consider…
The Smart Thermostat
“Smart” home technology is making huge changes in our daily lives, and using a smart thermostat is an excellent way to enter this world. Smart thermostats have several big advantages:
- They have the same wireless connectivity as Wi-Fi thermostats.
- They have multiple setting options to allow you to perfectly customize settings throughout the week and even month.
- They recognize ideal temperatures for your home and make adjustments automatically, often finding ways to save money you may not have realized.
- Some smart thermostats even know local weather conditions to make adjustments to temperature and humidity shifts.
Let Us Help You Choose
I have to add an important word of caution: you don’t want to try to select and install a smart thermostat on your own. If you install a new thermostat that’s incompatible with your current system, it won’t end up providing much benefit. It may even end up harming the equipment.
The best way to find the right new thermostat for your home that will provide you with all its great benefits is to get in touch with our team. We have excellent options whether you’re interested in a standard digital programmable thermostat or you want to upgrade a smart thermostat.
My Thermostat Recommendations
I do have a few specific models I’d like to recommend, because the team here at Russell & Abbott also recommends them:
- T4 Pro Programmable Thermostat: An excellent non-Wi-Fi choice, you can purchase it with several programmable options, from non-programmable to 7-days programmable.
- T6 Pro Smart 3H/2C Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat: An excellent smart thermostat choice that integrates with smart home Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa.
- T10 Pro Smart Thermostat with included Indoor Room Sensor: A smart thermostat that senses room temperatures for automatic adjustments and multiple flexible programmable options.
Talk to us today to learn more about these options and to find the one that works best for you.
Russell & Abbott serves Maryville, Knoxville, and the surrounding areas. Just whistle and we’ll come running!